Membership in Mental Health America of East Central Florida
Through action and by commitment, the Mental Health America of East Central Florida (MHA), strives to ensure that people with mental illnesses are provided with needed resources and are accepted into the community through increasing awareness that mental health is an integral part of overall health.
Who Are Our Members?
- Individuals who have experienced and are seeking recovery from mental recovery from mental recovery from mental recovery from mental health problems or addictions.
- Families of loved ones who have struggled with these issues, or been lost to suicide.
- Advocates who see mental health as a public and social justice issue.
- Mental health care professionals who believe that an individual’s goals for recovery should come first.
- Primary care doctors and nurses that see the impact of poor mental health in our patients’ general health everyday.
- Researchers who are unlocking the secrets of brain and human behavior.
- Businessmen and women who understand the benefits of good mental to the bottom line.
- School officials who see children fall behind due to unmet emotional needs.
- Youth who want to help our peers with mental health problems.
- Public officials who are trying to change systems from within.
- Law enforcement and corrections officers who see the effects of untreated illness and wish there were better services for the people we encounter.
- Survivors of natural disasters, domestic abuse and street crimes who confront the psychological effects of these traumatic events everyday.
- And, others in the community who believe that, through action and by commitment, we can make a difference in someone’s life.
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly Newsletter informing you of news within the organization and current information on mental health issues.
- Option to receive e-mail updates on special events and information on mental health topics that affects you and your community.
- Certificate suitable for framing and displaying in your home or office.
- Wallet Membership Card identifying you as a current member eligible for discounts and other benefits.
- Discount on events and merchandise promoted by the organization.
- Free or reduced prices on educational events including Continuing Education for Professionals (subject to availability).
- Contribution letter for your tax records for your donation to a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Mental Health America of East Central Florida is designated as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. A copy of the designation letter is available upon request.
Become A Member:
Interested in becoming a member of Mental Health America of East Central Florida? Simply print and fill out our Membership Application Form then mail it to MHA of East Central Florida, Inc. 531 S. Ridgewood Avenue Daytona Beach, FL 32114.